The story behind MIGATO began in the early 80’s, when the two founders, Panagiotis and Maria Gatos, started with particular passion, hard work and vision giving life to their professional dream…
The beginning of a great brand
- 1983 The MIGATO brand is born.
- 1987 The first MIGATO women's footwear line
- 1989 Opening of the first MIGATO retail store in Greece.
- 1994 MIGATO acquires its new privately owned headquarters in Agios Dimitrios, Athens.
- 1998 Privately owned logistics facilities in Magoula, Athens.
- 2000 The first flagship MIGATO store in Athens' s biggest retail shopping street, Ermou, is introduced.
- 2001 Time to go North! Thessaloniki welcomes MIGATO
- 2002 Launch of the first MIGATO men's line.
- 2004 MIGATO now features 40 stores in Greece and Cyprus.
MIGATO takes part for the first time in the International Franchising Roadshow exhibition in Athens, Greece.
- 2006 MIGATO goes global, with 50 stores in Greece and internationally.
The company adds to its retail network 3 new shops in Albania, Romania, Skopje and 2 in Spain.
- 2007 Time for more growth. Ten more stores are added to the retail network.
STAT-BANK gives MIGATO its seal of approval, by awarding it in the 18th place in its list of the most important Greek retailers.
- 2010 MIGATO receives the award for “Best Valuefor- money Company” of the year by Franchise Business magazine.
Opening of our second store in Ermou str., Athens, Greece
- 2011 Baby steps! We introduce our first ever kids’ line
We unveil the first MIGATO pop-up store in London. Three more openings in Doha, Qatar, Pristina and Kosovo.
- 2013 ΜΙGATO celebrates its 30 years with a new logo.
- 2016 MIGATO opens its first store in Saudi Arabia and now boasts 120 stores globally.
- 2018 MIGATO along with digital communication acency Netsteps win the Gold prize in the "Big Data & Marketing Analytics" category of the e-volution awards.
- 2019 Vicky Kaya, the famous Greek top model, TV persona and fashion expert, is announced as the new brand ambassador for MIGATO.